At Whirlwind, we print digital foils to create high-end, luxurious finish. Embellish your print with gold, silver, red and even rose gold foil.
Why use foil?
- Enhance your images, make shinny items shine!
- Add a feeling of luxe
- Draw attention and add movement to your design
- Achieve a metallic or mirror affect
Foil creates a luxurious feel and attracts the eye by creating movement.
How to add foil to your print:
- Create a ‘foil’ Swatch colour in the Swatches palette
- Double click open the ‘foil’ Swatches and update to: – Swatch Name to ‘foil’ – Colour Type to ‘Spot’ – Colour Mode to ‘CMYK’ (C11, M92, Y0, K0)
- Select foil items and set to ‘Overprint Fill / Stroke’ as appropriate using Attributes
- Ensure all spot foil elements are put onto its own layer named ‘foil’
Using foils result leaves a beautiful coloured shine effect. Digital foiling uses a UV primer ink to allow the foil to adhere to the certain areas you want to enhance. A variety of colours and textures can be presented by utilising foiling. Whirlwind’s foil is raised off the page to provides extra emphasis on the foil on your design.
A little inspiration:
What can you add foils to?
You can use foil on our 420gsm stock (we tested a range of stocks and this card produces the best final product). A foil embellishment is perfect for wedding invitations, birthday invitations, business cards, posters, promotional cards, book covers, presentation folders and packaging. Use foil to highlight text, line work and to add a real shine to products. Foil is best as an embellishment than used as a large block of colour.
Want to add more embellishments?
Then check out the other embellishments we offer.